Saturday, July 26, 2014

Jimbo's Joint

Located on Central Avenue in the heart of St. Petersburg's bohemian strip, Jimbo's Joint is a peculiar little grubshack offering, as its specialty, chicken sausage.

Honestly, I didn't love their chicken sausage, man. I had a dish called "The Chinaman" (which is making a reference to The Big Lebowski, and, perhaps a bit too hipsterly, assumes everyone will get it). But that's okay, because everything else here rocked my uvula. First and foremost, there's the Philly cheesesteak, which makes my list of Top Five Philly Cheesesteaks In Florida. That list doesn't actually exist, but if it did, this place and The Pizza Joint in Pinellas Park would be running neck and neck for the finish line.

They have handmade waffle fries which are so clean-tasting and refreshing and real you'll never get 'em at Chick-fil-A again. Okay, you probably will and I will too, because they're there. But Jimbo's is the greatest.

What else have I had here? Let's see, there's the cheeseburger, the pulled pork melt, and a root beer float that comes with the option of containing alcohol. Hel-lo!

No comments:

Post a Comment