Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Didgeridoo Dog

During my recent fact-finding mission into St. Augustine, I kept encountering the surreal sight of a man playing an Australian didgeridoo on the streets, with a implausibly upright dog wearing a hat, kerchief, and sometimes a jacket. Just one of those little everyday touches that makes the old district of St. Augustine every bit as interesting as NOLA's French Quarter is cracked up to be.

I also ran into them on Anastasia Island, where they were set up with a booth at the island's Farmers Market, selling miniature curved French Horn-like didges. Clearly, this man and his dog have got it going on.

Curious, I just now did a quick Googling and found that I'm not the only one enamored by the peculiar pair; I found this and this and this and even this.

No comments:

Post a Comment